Canadian Paralympic Foundation
President and CEO
Posted date: Aug 9, 2011
Closing date: Aug 26, 2011
Founded in 2003 the mission of the Canadian Paralympic Foundation is to provide persons with a disability access to the ‘power of sport’, the CPF is committed to ensuring that Canadians with a disability have equitable opportunities for positive sport experiences and the realization of their full potential, by raising funds to support Canadian Paralympic sport programs.
- Reporting to the Chairman of the Canadian Paralympic Foundation (CPF) and working collaboratively with the Canadian Paralympic Committee (CPC) as part of the integrated staff model
- The CEO leads and manages the CPF in the fulfillment of its vision, mission and strategic plan. The CEO maintains a critical link between the organization and its board and the CPC as well as other stakeholder groups. As an officer of the board, ensures the duties and obligations of the board are satisfied.
- Serves as key leadership team member and an active participant in making key strategic decisions affecting the CPF
- In partnership with the CPF and CPC, this position is responsible for all fundraising and development activities.
- The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build the CPF’s visibility, impact and financial resources
- Will design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support
- The CEO will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed, through the solicitation of major gifts grants, special events and corporate and financial support
- She/he will expand and diversify CPF donor base / pipeline and will work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives. In addition, the CEO will work closely with the board of directors and support board members as they take on a more active fundraising role.
- Support and partner with CEO of CPC and members of both boards on fundraising activities
- Collaborate with above to develop and implement CPF’s financial strategy
- Have primary responsibility for development and execution of all proposals; write and archive all proposals with a long term, relationship-management approach
- Oversee research funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position CPF ahead of major funding changes or trends
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to board and senior leaders develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivation deeper ties with donors monitor, mentor and report regularly on the progress of the development team
- 10 plus years of professional experience in a non-profit organization; CFRE preferred with demonstrated success in managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors, board members and build long term relationships
- Demonstrated ability in grant and proposal writing for major gifts, planned giving, corporations and foundations
- Sincere respect for others, both internally and externally
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Ability to work independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside the CPF
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
- High energy and a passion for the mission of the CPF
- Ability to construct, articulate and implement annual strategic plan
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- A professional and resourceful style, ability to work independently and as a team player and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Bilingualism an asset
Qualified applicants are invited to submit cover letter and CV, in confidence, by August 26, 2011 to:
Lorrie E Mckenzie
McKenzie Cooper Executive Search
While the Foundation thanks all applicants for their interest, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted