Cause related marketing specialist with a background in sponsorship, event marketing, national promotions and social media. Superior juggler of impossible timelines while practising tried and true project management principles. Flair for creating sports and entertainment campaigns based on a 360o creative approach to providing lead generation, fulfilment and fundraising. An out-of-the-box social media evangelist focused on Passion, Creativity and Energy!
- Created, pitched and produced the inaugural NBA Steve Nash Charity Classic, raising $280,000 in 1-day.
- Created www.eighteentwelve.ca, a multi-media solution for Parks Canada, Canadian Geographic and The Historica Dominion Institute for every high school child in Canada.
- Secured first car, trip and $100,000 cash giveaway partners for Flow 93.5FM.
- Created, pitched and produced UrbanAIDS, an HIV awareness concert with Alicia Keys launching the Stephen Lewis Foundation.
- Delivered inaugural digital giving campaign by eBay/PayPal for The Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada.
Heart & Stroke Foundation
Senior Associate Manager, Corporate Alliances 2011 - 2012
Pitched and secured partnerships with corporations and brands that support the Foundation’s fundraising, research and health promotion initiatives, at a national and regional level. Solicited and secured support from companies, employee groups, and associations to attain the Foundation’s annual mission objectives and fundraising goals, and in donor stewardship and relationship management. $1,000,000 personal annual target.
- Prospected new corporate partners, conducted discovery sessions, built and presented custom packages for national partnerships, sponsorship donations and cause marketing opportunities.
- Managed the day to day relationships with existing corporate partners including fulfillment and activation.
- Solicited and secured sponsorships and exhibitors for annual medical conference in Chinese community.
- Developed the first Diversity themed, bundled-offer of programs with the Heart and Stroke Foundation Chinese Community Plan. Adopted as a recurring program for partnership opportunities.
Project Content Manager (contract) 2009 – 2011
Created and produced digital content for www.eighteentwelve.ca, the first bilingual web property about the Bicentennial of War of 1812 designed to teach Canadians about their defining moment in history. Discover our stories through an interactive Timeline, lesson plans, articles, recorded images and an interactive digital map. Virtual history was created with this tripartite partnership between Parks Canada, The Royal Canadian Geographic Society and The Historica Dominion Institute.
- Managed 5 content provider sub-committees remotely across Canada, in both official languages.
- Conceptualized an online + offline interactive branding solution that used key battles as point of departure to stage provincial and signature regional events around the province throughout 2012 – 2014. Conducted prospecting, partnership sourcing and relationship building.
- Directed field teams in the implementation of the Explora GPS iPod/Android handheld tours at Fort George.
- Defined system requirements, functional requirements, web frames and content management systems.
- Designed communications, promotions and awareness plans along with all national event promotions.
Ontario Ministry of Tourism
Senior Policy Advisor (contract) 2009
Created, pitched, and developed the programs, operational policies, events and project initiatives for the commemoration of the Bicentennial of the War of 1812 in Ontario, on behalf of the Ministry of Tourism. As the province most likely to be visited by tourists for the commemoration, Ontario Tourism required a plan for the creation and execution of events designed to increase overnight stays in the region.
- Designed, produced and planned 15 regional events for 6 regional teams to execute at a community level with national and local partners.
- Designed, produced and planned 3 province-wide events to commemorate the key battle locations in Ontario that would increase the overnight visitation in each area.
- Conducted event planning workshops for the 6 regional teams to identify best projects for success.
- Conducted partnership sourcing and relationship building workshops with community groups.
Maternity Leave 2008 – 2009
Cable & Wireless PLC, Caribbean
Head of Sponsorship & Special Events 2006 - 2007
Managed all sport and entertainment properties including fulfillment of sponsorship as the Official Telecom of Cricket World Cup 2007” and “Reggae Sunsplash”. Developed the national sponsorship and marketing partnership business model for Amateur sport partnerships in Jamaica, which is still in place today. Lead, managed and implemented the Sponsorship and Partnership strategy plan to support achievement of corporate, marketing and sales direction for the region’s largest telecom.
- Produced websites and designed mobile web 2.0 campaigns in conjunction with sponsors, athletes, artists and parent brand marketing team.
- Developed concepts, designed marketing campaigns, provided creative direction and approved budgets.
- Supervised 8 direct reports via SAP and salesforce.com digital tools. Evaluated, recommended and negotiated agreements. Lead execution of go-to-market activities to support sales.
- Managed the execution and use of all assets related to amateur sport sponsorships including Activations, OOH, Mobile, Retail, On-site sales, Promotions.
Transl8tor Marketing Inc
Cause Marketing Specialist and Founder 2004 - 2006
An award-winning, cause-related marketing company specializing in sports, music events and fundraising campaigns designed to raise national awareness for charities or non-profit organizations.
- Raised $280,000.00 net for the inaugural “Steve Nash Foundation Celebrity Classic” in 1 day event at The Air Canada Centre, Canada.
- Conceived, produced and launched UrbanAIDS, a live HIV/AIDS fundraiser for Stephen Lewis Foundation with Alicia Keys that raised 8 million impressions for the fledgling charity.
- Spokesperson for the event and liaison between charity and venue, athlete management, media, and government.
- Directed planning and ideation, strategy, and designed look and feel. Designed and project managed creation of collateral materials, e-campaigns for the web site, urbanaids.com.
- Provided concept development, creative direction, and event management for the City of Toronto, The Steve Nash Foundation, World Vision Canada, BMG Music Canada and The Stephen Lewis Foundation.
Promotions Director 2002 - 2004
Planned, coordinated and executed Station Promotion and Sales Promotion activities across all platforms including on-air, online and at the street level. Created and executed the marketing, brand awareness and promotional efforts of Canada’s 1st urban radio station. Designed, created and executed on-air promotions, contests, advertising campaigns strategies and sales remote broadcasts. Developed revenue opportunities tied to creative special events and launch multi-media and online campaigns with sales partners that included digital, social media and online interactions. Key accounts: OLG, BMG, SONY, Dairy Board of Ontario, Guinness, Mitsubishi, City of Toronto, Air Canada, MOLSON, Motts Clamato, Air Canada.
Public Relations Director 2000 and 2001
Designed, developed and implemented public relations and crisis management strategies for the largest multicultural festival in North America over the August long weekend in Toronto. Pitched local, national and international media; press release writing and distribution; local/regional/national, event and product promotions. Provided media training for over 100 volunteers, staff, executives and entertainers involved in front line activations. Planned and coordinated the accreditation research, approval and process for over 1800 media requests. Created, designed and manufactured all press materials (press releases, briefing notes, online content, speeches); booked all official interviews with over 400 national and international media; issued daily bulletins, press briefings and directed all press conferences. Planned, coordinated and executed special events for media at over 6 events in a 10-day window.
BMG Music Canada
Label Manager 1999 to 2000
Directed daily operations of UOMO Ltd, a new label distributed by BMG Music in Canada that discovered Fifi Dobson, Sean Desman. Promoted, managed and directed a stable of signed music producers, dancers and artists. Designed and executed strategic marketing plans for label’s upcoming releases. Lead the planning, development, and execution of overall marketing plan for label and all signed artists. Managed booking agents, public relations personnel and support staff involved in artist show tours; Developed artist marketing and distribution plans and gained exposure for artist through print, television, and web/social media.
EDUCATION & PROFFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
Association of Fundraising Professionals Member since 2011
Bishop’s University, BFA, Honours Art History 1989 – 1993
Social Media Coach (LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+)
Proficient in Raizers Edge & SalesForce
Advanced Presentation skills: MS Project, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
SECRET Security Status
Proficient Mac Adobe Suite - Photoshop, InDesign, iPad, iPhone